Lately I’ve only been reading about the Hunger Games (and gender roles and trolling!JLaw and Josh Hutcherson’s short, adorable stature) so here’s the best of what I’ve read, because I think all of you, my smart pals who also presumably love dystopian YA novels with kickass heroines, will love these posts too.
1. Ideally I would include everything that Vulture's done on Catching Fire over the last two weeks because it's mostly pure genius, but instead I'll choose two posts from today: one on the parallels between Jennifer Lawrence and Katniss, and one on the “unintentionally erotic moments” in CF.
2. Here’s the editor of NPR’s pop culture blog talking about subverting gender roles in the Hunger Games, and how Peeta’s actually the stereotypical Movie Girlfriend.
3. And an interesting response to the NPR post, playing with the idea of the Katniss-Peeta-Gale triangle and polyamory/gender norms.
4. A cutesy little BF post on loving Josh Hutcherson.http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/how-to-tell-you-are-attracted-to-josh-hutcherson
5. Also allow me to be shallow for a moment and let me beg someone to knit me Katniss’ cowl/scarf from the beginning of the movie.http://www.ecouterre.com/knit-crochet-katniss-everdeens-poncho-wrap-from-catching-fire/
Harry Potter as a teen comedy.
Evidence that music placement is very important.
I swear I watch this every time it comes on my dash.